Here’s some total Comp/Imaging/VFX geek humor that I think are really funny … Well, probably because it touches upon areas of geekery near and dear to my own black hear. I can’t take credit for these … They’re a series of Tweets from Director/VFX guy Stu Maschwitz, author of “The DV Rebel’s Guide”, the prolost.com website and one of the founders/CTO of The Orphanage. He started rattling these off and they were all just too true, too funny, or, in the case of #11, too personally painful.
In any case I thought I’d pass ’em along …
- Give Toxik a pixel. Feel lonely?
- Give Aperture a pixel. Then do basically nothing to it using Aperture’s built-in controls, just fire up one of your $300 Nik plug-ins.
- Give Photoshop a pixel. No, no, not Brightness and Contrast! Idiot.
- Give Commotion a pixel. On that beige Mac you keep in the back room running OS9 so you can still use version 3.1.
- Give Shake a pixel. And put the new Sugar Ray CD in your 6-disk changer while you’re at it.
- Give Premiere Pro a pixel. Oops, wait, project’s still loading…
- Give Flame a pixel. That will be $2,300 please.
- @keylager Beat me to it: Give After Effects a pixel and it will color manage it “correctly,” i.e. matching none of your other apps.
- Give Motion a pixel, and as long as you leave it at that you’re real time all the way baby!
- Give Avid a pixel, it’ll screw up the 16-235 thing.
- Give Final Cut Pro a pixel, it’ll screw up the gamma.
If you don’t get any of these, don’t feel bad. This is an especially niche type of geek humor that mostly makes sense to nerds who spend their days locked up in offices with the windows darkened, trying to find the perfect pixel, or combination thereof.