We’re almost down to the wire, and San Diego Comic-Con is only a day away…Well, Preview Night, but that’s when all the goodness starts. I’ve got a firm set of priorities for Comic-Con, and I’d thought I’d share them with you because, well, I share everything with you…Well almost everything. There was that time back in ’88 when…Never mind, best we don’t go there.
My SDCC Top Ten List
- Connect with friends, old and new…You are the best, and most important, part of the con.
- Have a damn good time, and forget/ignore anything and everything else that isn’t about having a damn good time.
- Drink Responsibly (Yeah…You, right there, I see you…Stop laughing. It’s not that funny. 🙂 )
- Spend as little as possible on all the awesomely cool geek toys on sale because I’m a responsible adult (and I will keep telling myself that and hoping I wind up believing it.)
- Maintain as high a level of personal hygiene as possible because Con Funk is a preventable condition, and, besides, eewww….
- Swim in the hotel pool at least once a day because HOTEL FRIGGIN’ POOL!
- Eat at least one machaca (con huevos) burrito and an order of taquitos at the taco joint on College Avenue, because nobody sells machaca burritos north of San Diego County and, damn, they are good.
- Visit the SDSU Campus and sit at the Drama department benches, drinking a cuppa’ joe, and pretending it’s 1982 again, ’cause memories (light the corners of my mind…)
- Try to sleep occasionally, because avoiding sleep deprivation-induced psychosis will probably have a positive effect on the social dynamics of the event, and, finally;
- Spend as little time on long lines waiting as possible, because I’m here for the people, not the panels.
That’s it…I’m spending the rest of the day, cleaning, packing, and getting my gear together before hitting the road. For those of you going to the con, I hope to see you there, and for those of you who aren’t…I’m not quite sure why you’re reading this but, thanks you for your support.