Have you ever wanted to be part of a web video? Would you like to have an opportunity to see your photo used as part of a comedy sketch that could potentially be seen by thousands of people?
If so, read on!
I’m working on a new short with a few friends, and am trying some crowd-sourcing for extras casting for photos…with a little help from the good people of the Interwebz.
The video is going to be a parody of an online dating service currently-running ads on National television. One part of it shows their web site, including a Classmates.com-like photo gallery with headshots of very nice-looking, clean-cut types, who all look like they grew up next door to Richie Cunningham. This gives the lonely user a chance to
cyberstalk examine the profile of his/her potential dream girl or guy, and check out their bio and other vital stats.
Without going into too many details and ruining the surprise, this parody is going to turn this commercial upside down, and offer a dating site for an “alternative lifestyle” crowd. Very alternative.
We are not just looking for pictures of happy, shiny, cleancut people with great tans and pearly white teeth. We’re looking for the average guy/girl next door. People you know in real life-types.
We’re also looking for goths, punkers, rockers, zombies, vampires, witches, warlocks, bikers, tattoo-and-piercing fans, and every other type of person your Mom warned you about not sleeping with in college, but you did anyway because you were young, foolish, and will always have that somewhat tragic Hieronymus Bosch-inspired tattoo to prove it (and not to be judgemental but, damn!)
In other words, it take all kinds, and that’s what we’re looking for…all kinds of people.
If you just want to get out your favorite cosplay outfit, or come up with one for the occasion, that’s all good, too! The more outrageous, the better! Scenes including (artificial) blood and (totally fake) gore, even betterer. (Bestest?)
Also, couples shots of you and your SO, ISO, POSSQL (or whomever you are hanging out with the time), are also highly encouraged.
We will also be doing a couple of live-action shots that will be shot locally (Oakland, CA), and will be casting for a few couples. So if you’re in the Oakland/San Francisco Bay Area, and would like to be considered for live action work, please let us know.
If you would like to participate, please send your photo, in digital form to: firstname.lastname@example.org All photos should be submitted by December 15th, 2011 for consideration.
1) Photos should be a minimum of 2 Megapixels in size … The bigger the better
2) Photos should jpeg or camera raw format
3) If you like, give me a little “biography” of your character … Get as creative with the details as you like!
4) We will not use your real name, or anything that identifies who you are in real life, or where you come from.
5) If you’re photos are selected for use in the parody video and web site, we will let you in on the whole concept, and ask if you’d like to submit a self-made webcam video of you in your “character”, telling the World why you are the right guy/gal for them!
6) People who’s images are selected will get credited on a special web site, and a copy of the final video.
Have fun, be as goofy, or spooky, as you like … Remember, this is comedy.
Thanks, in advance, for all of your submissions. This video will be a blast!
The Legal stuff (The fine print):
1) All submissions will become the non-exclusive property of Doug Luberts dba Turbomandala Entertainment/dougluberts.com. This means, it’s still yours, to do what ever you want with, but we have the right to keep it in the video, or the web site, permanently (no backsies.)
2) Submitter, as well as any persons depicted in photographic submissions, must be 18 years old, or older, at the time the photograph was taken.
3) There is no compensation involved, other than a free copy of the video. You are giving me your photos for free, for the recognition you will receive from being a part of this video and/or website, or, to put it more succinctly: Doug Luberts dba Turbomandala Entertainment/dougluberts.com shall own, non-exclusively, all now known or hereafter existing rights to the submissions of every kind and nature, in perpetuity, and Doug Luberts/dougluberts.com shall be entitled to unrestricted use of the submissions for any purpose whatsoever, commercial or otherwise, without compensation, credit or any other rights to the provider of the submissions.
4) Any controversy or claim arising out of our receipt of submitted material will be settled by arbitration in Oakland, California, before a single arbitrator appointed by the American Arbitration Association. The prevailing party in any such arbitration has the right to recover its reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs from the other party.